Chapter Fundraising: Candygram
Written by: Hannah Miller
Marketing & Recruitment Manager
“Fundraising” can be a scary word for many of our communities. Let’s put the FUN back in fundraising with this “sweet” idea!
Candygrams are a fun way to raise money, engage students, and spread our Core Value of “strengths-based”.
Here’s how it works:
Encourage school staff, students, mentors, and supporters to buy a candygram for someone in the school. Sell the slips of paper and attach the message to a piece of candy. Announce when you plan to deliver the candygrams, and BOOM! You’ve made someone’s day.
How to: For Board Members
- Check out the Candygram Fundraiser Toolkit on Canva!
- Work with your Board Treasurer to create a fundraising goal and budget how much candy you should buy.
- Work with your local coordinator to get school permission and participation.
- Set volunteer times and dates to work a booth to sell Candygrams
- Once you’ve sold your Candygrams, tape the slip of paper to a candy bar, sucker, etc.
- Work with your local coordinator to distribute the Candygrams
How to: Sell the Grams
- Start advertising your fundraiser at your local school 2 weeks before you start selling Candygrams.
- Hang posters around the school and encourage the principal or the folks who do the morning announcements to advertise.
- Sell Candygrams during peak times for the school (lunch, after school, or during sporting events)
- Note: Candygrams can only be distributed to students, TeamMates mentors, or school staff. If you’d like to mail them out, that’s fine, we’re just trying to make your life easier!
- Sell Candygrams between $2-$5 per gram. This will help pay for the candy bar and ensure a profit.
- At your booth, have the person purchasing the Candygram fill out the information on the slip, and collect it from them.
- Once you’ve sold all of your Candygrams or once the fundraising time is over, tape each message to a candy bar, sucker, etc.
- Work with the school to distribute Candygrams to students throughout the day.